Effective Date: 11 August 2020
Thank you for using our service! This Policy aims to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us to give you a great experience when you are using our website;
- Explain your rights and choices concerning the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
This Privacy Notice applies to Playstories’ online services and website, here collectively called the function. We may periodically update this Privacy Notice by posting a new version. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by posting a notice in the service before the change becoming effective. Your continued use of the service after the effective date will be subject to the new Privacy Notice. The terms governing your use of Playstories are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms and Conditions of Use”).
If you have questions about data protection or any requests for your data, please contact us via email: email@example.com
300 DELAWARE AVE STE 256
WILMINGTON, DE 19801
Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
The General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals concerning their data. Accordingly, we are happy to offer transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of access - the right to be informed of, and request access to, the personal data we process about you;
- Right to rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your information where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure - the right to request that we delete your data;
- Right to restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your data;
- Right to object
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to data portability - the right to request a copy of your data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making - the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
The data we collect
Data you may provide us by filling the forms or corresponding with us:
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Your account user name and password
- All the characteristics of your chosen avatar
- Necessary contact information to deliver products, such as delivery address and phone-numbers
- Your messages to the service (such as orders and customization)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically
- Data about your account and orders
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- General location data (IP-address)
In most cases, we also create a PLAYSTORIES-specific ID for you when you use the service.
Data we collect from our partners:
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with the Service (such as Facebook, or Google)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as click fraud in advertising)
- Data from payment partners (such as to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
Information collected via advertising (via third party sites: Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hotjar, Google Analytics. When the user views or interacts with ads, our partners and we use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about users including cookie data & anonymized IDs for attribution & advertising purposes.
Why do we collect your data?
- To make the Service work so you can use our service and we can deliver the products.
To perform the contract, we process the necessary data to:
- Create accounts and allow you to use our service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products and services you request
- Send you Service-related communications
- To make the service more suitable for our customers
To provide an excellent service to our customers, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
- Develop and improve the service and customer experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the service
- Customize your Service experience
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide support
- Provide your offers in the service as well as in other websites and services, and by email
- Send you related information, such as support messages
For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see section ‘Your rights and options’ below.
- To keep the service safe and fair
Ensuring a level playing field in the service is a top priority for us. For more information on our acceptable use Notice, see the Playstories Terms of Service.
To keep the service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use; otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
- Analyze and monitor the use of the service and its social features
To analyze, profile, and segment. In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, pattern, and section all collected data.
Who can see your data?
Apart from Playstories and its employees, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
PLAYSTORIES has partners to perform services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to PLAYSTORIES’ instructions to provide the service, such as hosting, support, advertising, analytics, and fraud prevention.
To combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
We may also disclose your data to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our players, or others.
Advertising and Social Media partners: The Service includes features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools and advertising. These partners may access your data and operate under their privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
International data transfers
All data you provide to us is stored on our hosting partner’s secure servers in the US.
Your rights and options
Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
Access the personal data we hold about you
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your data in an electronic format.
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge). You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints
Cookies and similar technologies
How do we protect your data
Keeping your data safe
We are committed to protecting our users’ data. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies, including pseudonymization, encryption, access, and retention policies, to guard against unauthorized access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a strong password that is unique to your account, never share your password with anyone, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used.
To help ensure a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse, or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the service. We will, for example, periodically de-identify unused game accounts, and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Playstories’ website is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. The service is also not offered to children whose age makes it illegal to process their data or requires parental consent for the processing of their data under the GDPR or other local law.